Happy Mother’s Day weekend to all the incredible mothers of all forms! So many of you deserve to be celebrated this weekend and with many of us still at home, I wanted to give you a little brunch inspiration. Brunch is my absolute favorite meal. Just saying the word makes me feel classy. It is the one meal that you can eat dessert for your meal, everything just seems to look prettier, and mimosas are a staple. Sugar and champagne before noon? Done.
A Mother’s Day brunch is a particularly good idea because most moms aren’t cooking or baking their own brunch. I am not saying that there aren’t some incredibly talented chef and baker star husbands, wives and children out there… I’m just saying that if it’s NOT your thing, brunch is amazing because it’s simple and has a lot of items that can be purchased ahead of time, tossed on a plate or cake stand and look absolutely beautiful and fitting for a celebration of the women in your life.
A few of my favorite (and easy!) brunch ideas:
- Toast Bar : Oh yes- avocado, nutella, proscuitto and cream cheese..) Grab some soughdough, put out a toaster and some toppings and you’ve got yourself a delightful spread.
- Waffles: Super easy to make ahead of time and keep warm. Again, bring out all the fruit toppings and spreads, multiple syrup options, etc.
- Finger food display: mini quiches, scones, croissants, etc. (All can be purchased in advance!)
- Parfait Bar : Similar to the toast bar. A few different yogurt options, all the fruits you can find, granola, honey, basically think about the topping options you love when you go to a frozen yogurt shop. Have fun with it!
- Biscuit Bar: Can you tell I’m into bar ideas?! They are such fun themes. I have been dying to make homemade biscuits for biscuits and gravy and strawberry shortcake these last few weeks at home and this is going to inspire me to make it happen. Tell me a topping that ISN’T delicious on a biscuit?! You can go both sweet and savory, too.
None of these options feeling like the right fit? I love this article from Brit.co on different food station options. It’s actually tailored to weddings, which I of course love!! Just goes to show you that hosting a gathering of all sizes is pretty similar in scope when it comes to the details.
Don’t forget the sweet favors or gifts! Adding pretty gifts to the table always elevate it, and it doesn’t have to be much! I picked up 4 springy candles from the Target dollar section to add to each place setting. The mini bottles of sparkling rose add a nice touch, too.
Last, but certainly most important in my wedding planning biased opinion, are the flowers! You can’t have a beautiful brunch without some stunning florals. The florals here are from Habitat Floral Studio. I absolutely love the combo of all the spring blossoms and blooms. The matte pink vessel was the perfect accent to tie it all together. The plates, gold flatware and glassware were a Habitat rental as well. (If you’re getting married in Montana, they are a great resource for rentals as well as florals!)
Last note I’ll add is that brunch is an extremely easy concept that can be tailored to nearly any holiday or celebration. I request brunch for my birthday every year because it’s my favorite meal. I would have breakfast for dinner- in fact we do in our house all the time.
Wishing you all an incredibly relaxing and enjoyable Mother’s Day weekend! Hope these ideas help you level up your celebration a notch.
Photos taken by Ashley J Photography.
add a comment